Today in New Delhi, India
Nov 21, 2018-Wednesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Mumbai cop’s son kills mother, writes in her blood ‘tired of her, catch me’

The body was discovered by Dyneshwar Ganore, a police officer investigating the Sheena Bora murder case

mumbai Updated: May 29, 2017 08:22 IST
Jayprakash S Naidu
Jayprakash S Naidu
Hindustan Times
Mumbai murder,Mumbai police,Mumbai killing
The note signed with a smiley next to the victim’s body.

The wife of a Mumbai police officer who investigated the high-profile Sheena Bora murder case was found stabbed to death early on Wednesday, and police said they suspected the couple’s 21-year-old son.

Dnyaneshwar Ganore found his wife with multiple stab wounds in their home at Vakola at about 1am on Wednesday, and a smiley was drawn in her blood next to her body with the words; “Tired of her. Catch me and hang me”. Police believe the message was written by their son Siddhant, who is missing.

According to police, Siddhant was repeatedly admonished by his mother over his grades of late and she had refused to give him pocket money.

He may have stabbed her in the neck in a fit of rage on Tuesday night, said a source.

“She has four to five stab injuries,” said a police officer who inspected the body.

Prabhat building, the spot where the incident took place. (HT Photo)

Read more: Wife of Mumbai police inspector probing Sheena Bora murder case found dead, son missing

Siddhant, police said, had dropped out of an engineering course and was studying at National College.

His friends said that he had been keeping aloof for the last two months, and avoided social media platforms.

The murder came to light when Dnyaneshwar returned home at about 11pm from work, and found the door locked. He told police that he waited outside for two hours, assuming that the mother-son duo had gone out.

“Around 1am, Ganore spotted the keys to his house in the dustbin kept outside the door. He went inside and found his wife in pool of blood in the bedroom,” a Mumbai police officer said.

The Vakola police was alerted and a team immediately rushed to the spot.

Dipali was taken to VN Desai hospital where she was declared dead on arrival.

First Published: May 24, 2017 14:18 IST