Billboard topper Jay Sean to turn actor
My focus now is going to be music and films,” says Jay Sean, the only singer of Indian origin to have topped the Billboard USA charts, for his single
Sean, best known for his best-selling singles
Got my eyes on you
Nachna tere naal
, has starred in all his music videos including
, which featured Bipasha Basu. The UK-based singer-songwriter is now looking to capitalise on his massive female fan following by debuting as an actor in movies.
Says Sean, “I’ve been getting a few offers from both Hollywood and Bollywood films. But for me, it’s about picking the right role. If you are going to make a transition into acting while still doing music, it’s important that you pick the right films. I want people to see my movies and go, ‘That’s quality stuff’, you know.”
The singer, who has recently released his debut single ‘2012’ from his sophomore US album, reeze/Time, reveals that before he ventured into music, he was actually into acting.
“In fact, when I was 12 or 13, I used to act in school, and I’ve even won quite a few awards for it. I really enjoy acting, and a lot of people don’t know this.”
And now that the R ‘n’ B-pop singer is venturing back into another territory he’s fond of, he hopes he gets to act in the kind of genres he enjoys. “I’d love to be in a comedy or drama,” he says.
“I think singers, especially in my genre of music, like everything around them to be really cool. They are afraid to look stupid or silly. But in my case, I’d love to do just that, to show my diverse personality. I’d love to be stupid or silly on screen, if given a chance!”
And ask him if we’d ever see him with his actor friend, Priyanka Chopra, in one of those movies, and he laughs, “You know what, I always tease her that if she’s going to be in one of my music videos, then she should talk to her directors and make me the lead in one of her films!”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer Jungkook hosted a VLive on Sunday. During the chat, he revealed his new hair colour, thanked the ARMY, listened to songs and gave everyone a good look at his arm tattoos.
- Singer Nick Jonas shared his thoughts on BTS, to the delight of the pop group's fans. Here's what he said.
- BTS singer Jungkook released an alternative bridge of the group's song Dis-ease. The 45-second clip has the BTS member singing in English.
- Bigg Boss 13 star Shehnaaz Gill romances Badshah in new song Fly, but 'looks part Indian-part Thai'. Watch the video here.
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.
- Singer Harshdeep Kaur and husband Mankeet Singh have welcomed a son. They had earlier shared several posts trying to guess the baby's gender, wondering if the child would be a 'Singh' or a 'Kaur'.