Neeti Mohan on getting negative comments on her songs: Not here to please everyone
Singer Neeti Mohan says that although the digital medium is a great space to get instant feedback from fans, one also has to deal with trolls. However, this doesn’t bother her. “You can never really ignore negative comments. There will always be some comments that will hurt you. People like to voice their opinion and the medium allows them to do so. You cannot please everyone. A debate will always be there and I don’t get bothered by it,” says Neeti, who is part of a musical web series called Mixed Tape.
However, the singer adds that there is always scope to improve one’s work. She says, “All of us, including me, can work on our skills. Music is such a huge ocean, you can never feel that you know everything. There will always be something that you can learn.”
The 37-year-old, known for her numbers such as Ishq Wala Love from Student of the Year (2012) and Jiya Re from Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), says that she still gets tense before singing. “Be it while recording a song or singing to a live audience, I still get nervous. I feel that is very important. This is what makes me perform well,” says Neeti.
Meanwhile, Neeti, who acted in the film Socha Na Tha (2005) says that there are no acting plans as of now. “I have not planned anything. If I am offered a good role, which I can do justice to, then I will consider it,” she says.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.
- Nick Jonas has released the title track from his new album Spaceman. The singer revealed that most songs on the album are musical love letters to Priyanka Chopra.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Renowned Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died on Wednesday. Several Punjabi and Bollywood celebrities remembered him on social media.
- BTS served a treat for their fans as they appeared on the recent episode of MTV Unplugged. RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook performed two tracks from their album BE, Telepathy and Blue & Grey, while covering Coldplay's Fix You.
- A new Bangtan Bomb was released today which saw RM vibing to Justin Bieber's Where Are U Now, Jin reciting Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars and Suga revealing which member he wants to give his photo card to.
- Bigg Boss 13's Shehnaaz Gill and popular rap singer Badshah are working together on a new song. Both took to their respective social media handles to share the news.
Pawri Ho Rai Hai goes viral: Yashraj Mukhate says, ‘Things on which I put too much mind don’t really work’
- Rihanna's new topless photo, in which she is wearing a pendant of a deity around her neck, has sparked major outrage in India. She has been accused of hurting religious sentiments.