Veere Di Wedding: Badshah says he had to change the lyrics of Tareefan
Rapper-composer Badshah is on cloud nine ever since the release of the song, Tareefan, from Veere Di Wedding, which stars Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Swara Bhasker, and Shikha Talsania. Since its release on May 1, the song has already crossed 20 million views and has started topping various music charts .
However, apart from writing the rap part of the song, the 32-year-old composer also had to change the lyrics of the song, which was originally written by Rupin Pahwa. “I won’t say that they weren’t making sense, but they weren’t written properly. I guess Rupin is not fluent in Punjabi, and it’s definitely not his first language. So, I changed the lyrics and then added my rap,” he says.
Once he was done with the lyrics, it took him less than thirty minutes to record the song. “It was already produced and composed by Qaran (the song’s producer). So, I didn’t have to really do much in terms of production of the song. I just changed the lyrics, and then after that, I recorded the song in 20 minutes flat,” he adds.
Although Badshah has earlier composed songs from a man’s perspective, he says that he didn’t find any difficulty in writing this number, which is from a woman’s viewpoint. “Rhea (Kapoor; film producer) was very clear about the vision she had for the song. She always wanted the girls to be new ‘veeres’, the new bros. So, I think the perspective changed only visually. It essentially remains a song about complimenting; so, it wasn’t difficult for me,” he says.
Interact with the author on Twitter/@sammysamarth
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Jonita Gandhi: Music industry is still male dominant and there’s a certain stereotyping that’s happening with women
- Sajid Khan of the Sajid-Wajid fame has said in a recent interview how Salman Khan has been supporting him after his brother Wajid's death last year.
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.
- Nick Jonas has released the title track from his new album Spaceman. The singer revealed that most songs on the album are musical love letters to Priyanka Chopra.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Renowned Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died on Wednesday. Several Punjabi and Bollywood celebrities remembered him on social media.
- BTS served a treat for their fans as they appeared on the recent episode of MTV Unplugged. RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook performed two tracks from their album BE, Telepathy and Blue & Grey, while covering Coldplay's Fix You.