New Delhi -°C
Today in New Delhi, India

Apr 01, 2020-Wednesday
-°C

Humidity
-

Wind
-

Select city

Metro cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata

Other cities - Noida, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Bhopal , Chandigarh , Dehradun, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi

ADVERTISEMENT
Home / Pune News / Three labourers electrocuted to death in Hinjewadi

Three labourers electrocuted to death in Hinjewadi

The labourers were changing street lights in phase-III of the Rajiv Gandhi IT park in Hinjewadi when then came into contact with live electricity supply at 6.30 am on Monday

pune Updated: Dec 31, 2019 16:54 IST
HT Correspondent 
HT Correspondent 
Hindustan Times, Pune
The labourers were unaware about the incoming electric flow and came in contact with the main high-tension wire. The impact was such that the three of the them got electrocuted. (representational image)
The labourers were unaware about the incoming electric flow and came in contact with the main high-tension wire. The impact was such that the three of the them got electrocuted. (representational image)(HT/PHOTO)

Three labourers who were changing street lights in phase-III of the Rajiv Gandhi IT park in Hinjewadi were electrocuted to death after they came into contact with live electricity supply at 6.30 am on Monday.

The police have identified the deceased as Sagar Ayappa Mashalkar (20), Sagar Kapu Parandekar (19), Raju Kupu Parandekar (35), all residents of Bijlinagar in Chinchwad.The Hinjewadi police have registered a case of accidental death. According to the police, the trio was setting a street light in Ganesh Colony when the electricity supply was switched on. They were unaware about the incoming electric flow and came in contact with the main high-tension wire. The impact was such that the three of the them got electrocuted.

Ajay Joghad, police inspector, Hinjewadi police station said, “The trio was working for a private electrical contractor. They were busy fixing the street light when the current was accidentally switched on. The trio was caught unaware and died due to the massive shock. The MSEDCL authorities had to disconnect electricity supply in order to remove the trio who were stuck in the wires.”