Three labourers electrocuted to death in Hinjewadi
Three labourers who were changing street lights in phase-III of the Rajiv Gandhi IT park in Hinjewadi were electrocuted to death after they came into contact with live electricity supply at 6.30 am on Monday.
The police have identified the deceased as Sagar Ayappa Mashalkar (20), Sagar Kapu Parandekar (19), Raju Kupu Parandekar (35), all residents of Bijlinagar in Chinchwad.The Hinjewadi police have registered a case of accidental death. According to the police, the trio was setting a street light in Ganesh Colony when the electricity supply was switched on. They were unaware about the incoming electric flow and came in contact with the main high-tension wire. The impact was such that the three of the them got electrocuted.
Ajay Joghad, police inspector, Hinjewadi police station said, “The trio was working for a private electrical contractor. They were busy fixing the street light when the current was accidentally switched on. The trio was caught unaware and died due to the massive shock. The MSEDCL authorities had to disconnect electricity supply in order to remove the trio who were stuck in the wires.”
The excise department issued a home bar licence to a resident of Muradnagar in Ghaziabad, the first such licence to be issued in the district, said officials in the know of the matter on Friday. Excise officials said the Uttar Pradesh government, in its excise policy of 2021-22, introduced a provision for a personal bar, allowing people to keep more than two bottles of liquor at home.
Mumbai: Striving to preserve the 200-year-old heritage precinct of Khotachiwadi in Girgaum, in South Mumbai, its residents will submit a letter to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation on Monday urging the civic body to follow-up on its decision to file a First Information Report (FIR) against unauthorised demolition and the plan for the redevelopment of a bungalow in the precinct.
The owner of newly opened Korean restaurant in Sector 153 has been booked for serving liquor without a licence, said police on Friday. “During a routine check of bars and restaurants, a Korean restaurant — 'The fine Korean Dine & Hoolala Korean BBQ Chicken', located in Vardhman Tower in Sector 153, was found serving liquor to its customers without a bar licence,”rB Singh, district excise officer, Gautam Budh Nagarh said.
Nand Gopal Gupta 'Nandi', minister for industrial development, Uttar Pradesh, has asked the Yamuma Expressway industrial development authority (Yeida) to pay 64.7% additional compensation to farmers for their land over the next three months. Yeida has already sanctioned a ₹127 crore budget to develop 96 villages as smart villages, with free Wi-Fi, clean roads, drainage, sewage, and drinking water supply, among other facilities.
Acting against the dyeing units, which have been illegally dumping the untreated waste in the municipal corporation's sewer lines even after the establishment of common effluent treatment plants (CETP), SIngh disconnected over three dozen connections of dyeing units in Focal Point area, Kakka Dhola Road and Tajpur road on Friday.