Farmer dies after accidental inhaling of pesticide in Sirsa, Haryana
A farmer died after accidentally inhaling a poisonous pesticide while spraying it in his field at Dudiyanwali village on Sunday, police said on Monday.punjab Updated: Sep 09, 2015 12:38 IST
A farmer died after accidentally inhaling a poisonous pesticide while spraying it in his field at Dudiyanwali village on Sunday, police said on Monday.
Police said farmer Amarjeet Singh (35) had gone to spray pesticide in his field on Sunday evening. However, when he did not return home till late in the night, his family members went to search him.
They found Amarjeet lying unconscious in the field. They rushed him to a hospital at Rania. He was referred to Sirsa civil hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Police handed over the deceased's body to his family members after the post-mortem.
The deceased leaves behind two sons.
Notably, many farmers indulge in spraying pesticides and insecticides in their fields without taking even basic precautions like covering their nose and mouth with a scarf and avoiding spraying against the wind.
First Published: Sep 07, 2015 19:43 IST