Blackstone to enter warehousing business
Global private equity firm Blackstone Group Inc has formed a joint venture with Greenbase, a Hiranandani group firm, to develop warehousing and logistics parks across the country. This marks the entry of Blackstone, a US-based company, into the Indian warehousing and logistics sector. The equal joint venture plans to invest Rs 2500 crore to develop around 12 million sqft of industrial and warehousing assets across the country in three to four years, said Niranjan Hiranandani, founder and managing director, Hiranandani Group. “We have a very bullish view on the economy in the long term. Logistics and warehousing will be one of the major beneficiaries of this growth. The joint venture’s investment will also contribute to economic growth as well as employment generation in the relevant locations,” Hiranandani said. The Blackstone-Hiranandani platform will initially build industrial parks at Greenbase’s 267 acres land in Pune, 115 acres in Chennai’s industrial suburb Oragadam, 73 acres in Nashik, and 25 acres in Durgapur. The company has successfully closed customer transactions of about 1 million-square-foot for built-to-suit space with end-users such as Coopers (for Talegaon) and Vestas (at Oragadam), according to Shridhar, group director and CEO of infrastructure (industrial and logistics), Greenbase. The partnership would allow Blackstone to tap the growing Indian warehousing market. Blackstone has been expanding its commercial real estate portfolio rapidly in India, However, it has also been looking for opportunities to enter into the industrial warehousing business. A spokesperson with Blackstone chose not to comment.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- HDFC also outlined that the changes will affect customers who currently have availed home loan benefits from the lender.
- SBI also said that the processing fee waiver and interest concession in the loan amount are subject to the CIBIL score of the loan applicant.
- Singapore’s property market has made a rapid recovery after the pandemic sent the economy into its worst recession, fueling speculation that authorities could intervene to calm the sector. Government ministers warned last month that they don’t want the market to run ahead of economic fundamentals.
- Action was taken based on site visits and a large number of complaints related to non-possession, non-refund, violation of terms and conditions of the sales contract/allotment letter by the builder.
- Century Greens comprises a state-of-the-art 10,000 sq. ft. clubhouse, located at the heart of the development that provides a grand experience of landscaped greens, indoor and outdoor amenities with easy access from every plot.