Kerala’s Laila-Majnu, Kavya Madhavan-Dileep, get married
The much talked-about and long-awaited marriage of Malayalam film industry’s Laila-Majnu -- Kavya Madhavan and Dileep took place on Friday.
Madhavan and Dileep tied the knot in the presence of close friends and relatives at a hotel here.
This was a second marriage for both the stars, with their first one ending in divorce.
Dileep had divorced Manju Warrier -- a popular actor who withdrew from films after marrying Dileep in 1998.
While Madhavan was married in 2009 to a computer engineer, which ended in one year.
Kept as a highly guarded secret, the media and others got a surprise, when the news trickled on Friday morning about the ‘star wedding’.
“I did not know about this, till a few hours back. My husband (producer Suresh) told me that he has to visit a temple. Maybe he knew. Anyway this is good news for all of us,” said the yesteryear actor, Maneka.
“Only those very close to the couple are there today and this has happened with the support of both the families,” said Ranjith, a producer and husband of actor Chippi at the marriage venue.
“Finally there is an end to unnecessary speculations and Dileep has the complete support of his daughter - Meenakshi,” said veteran director Kamal.
In their film career, the two were paired in 21 films with Meeshamadhavan, Thenkasipattenenm and the last came in 2016 when legendary film maker Adoor Gopalakrishnan paired them in his film Pinneyum.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Sonakshi Sinha, who plays a tough cop in her debut web series, shared her first look from the show on the eve of International Women's Day. See it here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- BTS singer Jungkook hosted a VLive on Sunday. During the chat, he revealed his new hair colour, thanked the ARMY, listened to songs and gave everyone a good look at his arm tattoos.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.