Ravi Teja, Shruti Haasan film titled Krack, see pics from launch ceremony
Actor Ravi Teja’s new Telugu film with director Gopichand Malineni has been titled Krack. The project which also co-stars Shruti Haasan was officially launched in a ceremony on Thursday in Hyderabad.
Producer Allu Aravind clapped the first shot while writer Paruchuri Venkateswara Rao switched on the camera. Script was handed over by director Surender Reddy and producer Dil Raju. The first shot was directed by veteran filmmaker K Raghavendra Rao.
Krack is the third time Ravi Teja and Malineni will work together after Don Seenu and Balupu. The project also marks the second time collaboration of Ravi Teja and Shruti Haasan after Balupu.
Tipped to be an action-thriller, the film will see Ravi Teja play a cop. Recently, reports emerged that the film is a remake of Tamil film Theri, which featured Vijay as a cop. However, director Malineni clarified via a tweet that the film is not a remake.
On Thursday, the film’s first look poster was unveiled. The poster features a mugshot of Ravi Teja and he sports a slightly twirled mustache and his eyes look fiery. The poster also revealed that the film will be based on real incidents. While GK Vishnu will crank the camera, SS Thaman will compose music.
Meanwhile, Ravi Teja currently awaits the release of his next film Disco Raja, which has been directed by Vi. Anand and is slated to release on December 20. The film also stars Paayal Rajput, Priya Jawalkar and Nabha Natesh.
According to reports, Disco Raja is a science fiction, a genre that’s rarely explored in Telugu cinema. The film has been made on a budget of Rs 40 crore. After a string of flops, Ravi has pinned high hopes on Disco Raja and Krack. Both these projects are riding on high expectations and he hopes to bounce back strongly with a hit.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bhumi Pednekar has shared a video from her recent visit to the house where she and Ayushmann Khurrana shot for Dum Laga Ke Haisha six years ago.
- A picture of Ajay Devgn on the set of Alia Bhatt's Gangubai Kathiawadi was shared online. Also in the picture is director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Neena Gupta plays an old woman and Arjun Kapoor is her grandson in the Kaashivie Nair film Sardar Ka Grandson that premiers on Netflix soon.
- Sajid Khan of the Sajid-Wajid fame has said in a recent interview how Salman Khan has been supporting him after his brother Wajid's death last year.
- Neena Gupta has said she did not want Masaba to go to Goa with friends. The senior actor also went to Goa and stayed separately, only to receive a call from her daughter as she cried.
- Disha Patani is in awe of rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's dancing abilities. Sister Krishna Shroff agrees too. See here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.