Corinthians offer to bring Tevez back rejected: Reports
Corinthians have made an offer to Manchester City to bring Carlos Tevez back to Brazil, club president Andres Sanchez said on Tuesday, although British media reported that the bid had already been rejected.sports Updated: Jul 13, 2011 14:01 IST
Corinthians have made an offer to Manchester City to bring Carlos Tevez back to Brazil, club president Andres Sanchez said on Tuesday, although British media reported that the bid had already been rejected.
"When I was in Argentina (recently), I spoke to Tevez's agent. (Tevez) wants to return to South America and Corinthians have made an offer," Sanchez told a news conference.
The offer to City is 40 million euros ($57 million) to be paid in four tranches from the club's TV broadcasting income, which is worth about 100 million Brazilian real ($64 million) per annum, said a club source who wished to remain anonymous.
"If the deal goes through, the contract with Tevez would be for a minimum of four years," Sanchez said, adding it would have to be completed quickly because the transfer window for players coming into Brazil from abroad closes on July 20.
"Now it depends on Manchester City. A deal is close but if by Sunday we have no official announcement, it's unlikely he'll come this year."
Tevez, who helped Corinthians win the Brazilian championship in 2005, and is now with Argentina at the Copa America in his home country, issued a statement last week saying for personal reasons he no longer wished to stay at Premier League City.
First Published: Jul 13, 2011 13:27 IST