Christian Eriksen suffered the on-field cardiac arrest during Denmark's opening game of Euro 2020 in June against Finland and received life-saving treatment on the pitch.
Published on Oct 29, 2021 04:59 PM IST
Denmark's doctor and physio as well as the team captain Simon Kjaer, who started cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on Eriksen, are also being honoured.
Published on Aug 24, 2021 08:02 PM IST
The Inter Milan player suffered a cardiac arrest during his country’s opening game of the tournament, against Finland, and received life-saving treatment on the pitch.
Published on Aug 10, 2021 10:30 PM IST
- The Euro 2020 knockouts will commence with Gareth Bale's Wales facing off against Denmark, who will once again step out without Christian Eriksen but with heavy support behind them.
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 08:52 PM IST
Eriksen collapsed on the field during Denmark’s opening match at Euro 2020 and had to be resuscitated with a defibrillator.
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 10:03 PM IST
For Denmark to be facing Wales in a knockout game two weeks after playmaker Christian Eriksen, who made his breakthrough at Ajax, suffered a cardiac arrest in their opener against Finland, is a huge achievement.
Published on Jun 24, 2021 06:08 PM IST
Reuters | , Amsterdam
Denmark can still get enough points to advance from Group B if the team beats Russia in Copenhagen and Belgium tops Finland in St. Petersburg.
Published on Jun 21, 2021 02:13 PM IST
- Eriksen was discharged from a Copenhagen hospital on Friday and immediately went to see his teammates at their European Championship base camp outside the capital.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 05:19 PM IST
- The Danish soccer federation wrote on Twitter that Eriksen was released from the Rigshospitalet in central Copenhagen after a successful operation.
Updated on Jun 18, 2021 10:22 PM IST
PTI | , Copenhagen
The Danish soccer federation said Thursday that Eriksen will be fitted with an implantable device that can function as both a pacemaker and defibrillator. He has been in touch regularly with his teammates and sent them a message of support after the Belgium game.
Updated on Jun 18, 2021 05:57 PM IST
AP | , Copenhagen
Eriksen is recovering in a Copenhagen hospital after suffering cardiac arrest during Denmark’s game against Finland at the European Championship.
Published on Jun 17, 2021 02:06 PM IST
Salvatore Cosentino, 63, customises shoes for players and fans from his workshop in Aosta in Italy's northwest tip and said he felt that a personalised pair dedicated to the Danish midfielder was the right thing to do.
Published on Jun 17, 2021 07:57 AM IST
- Eriksen remains in the hospital after suffering cardiac arrest during Denmark’s game against Finland on Saturday, when he had to be resuscitated with a defibrillator on the field.
Published on Jun 15, 2021 01:22 PM IST
Euro 2020: Denmark's other players, meanwhile, said they would play their coming games in the Euros in honour of their team mate Christian Eriksen.
Published on Jun 14, 2021 04:33 PM IST
Euro 2020: Blind was clearly emotional when he was substituted in the second half of the Netherlands' 3-2 victory at the Johan Cruyff Arena on Sunday.
Updated on Jun 14, 2021 04:22 PM IST
Eriksen health update: The Danish play-maker is 'stable and good'. He fell face-forward to the ground late in the first half of his side's Euro 2020 opening match against Finland and needed CPR from medical staff before regaining consciousness.
Updated on Jun 14, 2021 03:23 PM IST
The 29-year-old playmaker’s collapse in the first half of Denmark’s opening European Championship game on Saturday came hours after the soccer players’ union FIFPRO repeated long-standing fears about pressure on its members in a congested season.
Published on Jun 13, 2021 09:01 PM IST
PTI | , Geneva
- Eriksen collapsed during Denmark's opening Euro 2020 group game against Finland on Saturday and was given lengthy medical treatment before regaining consciousness.
Published on Jun 13, 2021 08:56 PM IST
AP | , Copenhagen
- Denmark captain Simon Kjaer is being hailed a hero for carrying out swift and potentially life-saving response after his teammate and star playmaker Christian Eriksen collapsed on the field during their Euro 2020 Group B match against Finland.
Published on Jun 13, 2021 04:37 PM IST
Eriksen, 29, collapsed in the 42nd minute of the match near the touchline after a Denmark throw-in and was given life-saving cardiac massage treatment on the pitch, with officials later saying the player was stable and awake.
Published on Jun 13, 2021 02:37 PM IST
- The Danish soccer federation says Christian Eriksen has 'sent his greetings to his teammates' and continues to be examined in a hospital following his collapse on the field during a European Championship game.
Updated on Jun 13, 2021 02:46 PM IST
The Group B game was eventually restarted an hour and 45 minutes later after news came through that Eriksen had regained consciousness and Finland went on to win 1-0 thanks to a Joel Pohjanpalo goal.
Published on Jun 13, 2021 01:55 PM IST
The Euro Cup match between Denmark and Finland had to be stopped in the dying minutes of the first half as Eriksen collapsed on the pitch and he had to be taken off due to a medical emergency.
Published on Jun 13, 2021 10:24 AM IST
ANI | , Copenhagen
It was not immediately clear what caused Eriksen to collapse or if it was related to exhaustion. He was later rushed to hospital where his condition was stabilised.
Published on Jun 13, 2021 09:42 AM IST
Eriksen collapsed in the 42nd minute of the match while running near the left touchline after a Denmark throw-in and was given life-saving cardiac massage treatment on the pitch.
Published on Jun 13, 2021 09:36 AM IST
- Eriksen was taken to hospital and later, Danish FA and UEFA announced that the Inter Milan star is awake, stable and is receiving treatment. The play eventually, resumed and Finland defeated Denmark 1-0 in the match.
Published on Jun 13, 2021 07:05 AM IST
- The distressing moment arrived around the 40th minute in the first half when playmaker Christian Eriksen was approaching his teammate to collect a throw-in and he suddenly collapsed on the ground.
Updated on Jun 12, 2021 11:11 PM IST
- Christian Eriksen health update: The Danish FA in a tweet said, "Christian Eriksen is awake and is for further examinations at Rigshospitalet."
Updated on Jun 13, 2021 02:00 AM IST
In a thrilling first half, Inter hit the woodwork twice but found themselves behind as goalkeeper Samir Handanovic diverted what appeared to be a comfortable low cross into his own net nine minutes before the break.
Published on Apr 19, 2021 08:00 AM IST
Former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Eriksen powered his spot-kick past Jordan Pickford in the 35th minute, a couple of minutes after England centre back Harry Maguire had received a red card for a second booking.
Updated on Oct 15, 2020 11:22 AM IST