stress and depression]
HealthShots | By Team HealthShots
PUBLISHED ON SEP 20, 2021 04:52 PM IST
We all want to be successful, but should it come at the cost of our lives? A report by the United Nations reveals that long working hours can kill you. Here’s all that you need to know
ANI | , Washington [us]
UPDATED ON SEP 20, 2021 11:32 AM IST
- During the pandemic, the wake-up and sleep time of teens shifted by about two hours later. Many teens also slept longer and had less of a need to catch up on lost sleep during the weekend.
UPDATED ON SEP 17, 2021 09:07 PM IST
- A recent study suggests that children who witness the abuse of a sibling by their parent can be just as traumatised as those witnessing violence by parents against each other. Mental health issues like depression, anxiety and anger are associated with such exposure.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 12, 2021 09:34 PM IST
- Data shows that during the pandemic, almost half (42 per cent) of participants in the study published in the journal, Lancet Regional Health-Americas, reported at least mild psychological distress and 10 per cent of participants reported moderate to severe psychological distress.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 10, 2021 08:16 PM IST
- The study identified factors associated with increased depression and anxiety during the pandemic, including sociodemographic characteristics, stressors, and comorbid conditions associated with increased risk for poor Covid-19 outcomes.
By Parmita Uniyal
UPDATED ON SEP 03, 2021 12:18 PM IST
- There is a scientific reason behind your diet affecting your emotions as there is a close association between our brain and GI tract. Here are best and worst foods for depression.
ANI | | Posted by Parmita Uniyal
UPDATED ON SEP 03, 2021 11:06 AM IST
A new study has shown that people with depression and multiple sclerosis (MS) may be more likely to die over the next decade than people with just one or neither condition.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 29, 2021 12:59 PM IST
Delhi Police further said that in his statement, the ASI said that he has been going through depression for the last few days.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Parmita Uniyal
UPDATED ON AUG 30, 2021 01:52 PM IST
- Stress may alter the way our body functions, including our digestive system. It is associated with several digestive conditions including Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
ANI | , Washington [us]
UPDATED ON AUG 25, 2021 08:41 AM IST
- The study examines the effects of a common belief in modern society: that productivity is the ultimate goal and time's a-wasting if you're just having fun.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 22, 2021 09:00 PM IST
- While the dangers of being obese on physical health are well known, researchers are now discovering that being overweight can also have a significant impact on mental health.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 29, 2021 12:58 PM IST
- More than 20 per cent of the respondents in each case stated that they had symptoms of depression or anxiety to an extent requiring treatment.
UPDATED ON JUL 15, 2021 11:58 AM IST
A new study suggests that people with diabetes and depression who take antidepressants might face a lower risk of serious diabetes complications and death.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 11, 2021 01:13 PM IST
Anxiety disorders occur twice as often in women than men, and social and cultural factors likely play an important role in the development of anxiety in females, De Oliveira said. The COVID-19 pandemic heavily influenced anxiety in people.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 01, 2021 08:33 AM IST
A recent study determined key differences in the ways various age groups communicate, as well as one conversational component that stands the test of time: friendship. Specifically, bonds between individuals who identify as female.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 21, 2021 04:23 PM IST
"The adverse effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental health outcomes, including anxiety and depression, have been well-documented," said David Moscovitch, professor of clinical psychology and co-author of the paper.
UPDATED ON JUN 14, 2021 07:40 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON JUN 14, 2021 01:52 PM IST
Childhood insomnia symptoms have been shown to be associated with internalizing disorders, which include depressive disorders and anxiety disorders.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 13, 2021 08:20 AM IST
Women's mental health has a higher association with dietary factors than that of men. Mental distress and exercise frequency were associated with different dietary and lifestyle patterns, which support the concept of customizing diet and lifestyle factors to improve mental wellbeing.
UPDATED ON JUN 12, 2021 11:39 AM IST
ANI | , Washington [us]
UPDATED ON JUN 04, 2021 08:22 AM IST
The study highlighted the importance of engaging partners in intervention and prevention efforts to help pregnant women avoid drinking alcohol. A baby's prenatal alcohol exposure carries the risk of potential lifelong problems, including premature birth and delayed infant development.
UPDATED ON MAY 31, 2021 01:50 PM IST
A new study reveals that women with depression during pregnancy, or with a history of depression, have a reduced quality of mother-infant relationship. Here's how
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAY 30, 2021 02:13 PM IST
- Sameera Reddy wraps up Mental Health Awareness Month by spilling the beans on how to set yourself and others free from ‘hate, fear, expectation, shame, self doubt’ and we can’t help but relate instantly as we take down her strong notes
ANI | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON MAY 29, 2021 10:13 AM IST
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health conducted a study and found that the families that are expressive and support each other create a better environment for adopted children, in contrast to rule-driven and strict households.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 23, 2021 12:08 PM IST
ANI | , Indiana [us]
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 11:24 AM IST
A breakthrough study by Indiana University School of Medicine sheds new light on the biological basis of mood disorders and offers a promising blood test aimed at a precision medicine approach to treatment.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 26, 2021 09:38 AM IST
- After revealing on Bigg Boss 14 that she battled depression, Rubina Dilaik opens up on how she dealt with it and came out of suicidal thoughts.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 26, 2021 01:07 PM IST
Having depression is known to increase the risk for developing Alzheimer's disease. However, a new study has found that depression and anxiety are linked to earlier onset of Alzheimer's disease.
ANI | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON FEB 20, 2021 02:40 PM IST
The study of nearly 33,000 college students across the country reveals the prevalence of depression and anxiety in young people continues to increase, now reaching its highest levels.
ANI | , Boston (massachusetts)
UPDATED ON FEB 20, 2021 09:17 AM IST
A new survey done on nearly 33,000 college students by a Boston University researcher shows that the number of people feeling lonely and showing symptoms of depression and anxiety continues to increase, now reaching its highest levels.