vaccine for new coronavirus]
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Ayshee Bhaduri
PUBLISHED ON APR 01, 2021 02:29 PM IST
- India has so far administered more than 6.5 crore vaccine doses in the ongoing countrywide Covid-19 inoculation drive
PUBLISHED ON MAR 10, 2021 04:17 PM IST
The resistance appears to be rooted in longstanding suspicion of vaccines dating back to the Soviet era, amplified by politicians' allegations about low-quality vaccines, corruption scandals and misinformation spread through social media.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 02, 2021 06:57 PM IST
- "The price of a vaccine for an advanced economy is negligible...but to a developing country which has been struggling already with all the impacts of Covid, on top of that to pay for the vaccine and for the services to get it applied is going to be very significant," said the chief executive.
UPDATED ON FEB 02, 2021 11:41 PM IST
- India's Covid-19 recovery rate has reached 97 per cent, said the Union health ministry on Monday, one of the highest in the world. Vaccination is underway and as of Tuesday 39.5 lakh beneficiaries have been vaccinated, according to the health ministry.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 30, 2021 07:01 PM IST
- The vaccines from Novavax Inc and Johnson & Johnson were significantly less effective at preventing Covid-19 in trial participants in South Africa, where the potent new variant is widespread, compared with countries in which this mutation is still rare.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 29, 2021 05:03 PM IST
Karnataka had vaccinated 2,84,385 health warriors till Thursday, with 18,230 inoculations in a single day on Thursday.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 28, 2021 11:46 AM IST
Makers of Covid-19 vaccines need everything to go right as they scale up production to hundreds of millions of doses.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 23, 2021 08:41 PM IST
- Health Minister Zweli Mkhize announced on Friday that approval has been granted to SII, to supply vaccines to the country. The approval comes amid growing concerns that the 1.5 million vaccine doses to be shipped to South Africa in the next few weeks had not been approved by the local regulator.
UPDATED ON JAN 18, 2021 08:18 AM IST
Australia unlikely to fully reopen borders in 2021 even as coronavirus cases slide and even if most of the population is vaccinated against Covid-19
PUBLISHED ON JAN 17, 2021 02:22 PM IST
False beliefs that the coronavirus is a hoax or that vaccines would inject microchips into people have spread in the countries that were formerly under harsh Communist rule.
UPDATED ON JAN 17, 2021 11:21 AM IST
Several Bollywood celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut, Vivek Oberoi have congratulated India for kickstarting the vaccination process against Covid-19.
By Anonna Dutt
UPDATED ON JAN 16, 2021 04:20 AM IST
Staff and technicians at Lok Nayak hospital worked till late evening on Friday to ensure that the vaccination drive on Saturday goes without a hitch. Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal will flag off the vaccination drive from the hospital at 12 noon.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 13, 2021 05:59 PM IST
By Shalaka Shinde, Steffy Thevar
UPDATED ON JAN 12, 2021 10:44 PM IST
At the stroke of 4:53 am, the gates opened, a police escort van remerged; it was followed by three trucks, with boxes carrying 5.65 million doses of the vaccine meant for Delhi, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Patna, Bengaluru, and Lucknow.
By Smriti Kak Ramachandran | Edited by Abhinav Sahay
PUBLISHED ON JAN 09, 2021 08:15 AM IST
The BJP’s awareness campaign assumes significance in the wake of Opposition leaders questioning the vaccine efficacy.
Singapore | By Agence France Presse
UPDATED ON FEB 09, 2020 03:39 PM IST
The new virus has spread rapidly since emerging late last year in China, killing more than 800 people in the mainland and infecting over 37,000. Cases have been reported in two dozen other countries.