xinjiang uygur autonomous region]
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Kunal Gaurav, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON APR 07, 2021 04:34 PM IST
- Last month, China launched a PR war on Western brands, including H&M, Nike and Adidas, that were critical of human rights abuses against Uyghurs and other minorities in the Xinjiang region.
PTI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 08:58 PM IST
- "India needs to understand, what is happening in Tibet is the blueprint and it is happening in Xinjiang and Hong Kong. Understand China and deal with it," Lobsang said.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 30, 2021 10:38 AM IST
- Shanghai Metersbonwe Fashion & Accessories Co. and Ribo Fashion Group Co. each surged 33% since Wednesday’s close to feature among the biggest gainers in about 4,000 Chinese A-shares during the period.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 26, 2021 10:22 AM IST
- The disappearance of H&M’s physical stores from online maps comes after the retailer was removed from Alibaba’s e-commerce platform earlier this week as the controversy escalated.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 25, 2021 01:05 PM IST
- The Communist Party’s move to target companies over Xinjiang shows President Xi Jinping’s government is seeking to impose real costs for governments and businesses that criticize China’s human-rights record
PUBLISHED ON MAR 17, 2021 01:39 PM IST
- The iPhone maker is thought to have terminated its contracts with Ofilm over the concerns a few months ago
ANI | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON FEB 24, 2021 12:09 PM IST
- Thousands of companies worldwide are affected after the United States blacklisted 87 per cent of China's cotton crop -- one-fifth of the world's supply.
UPDATED ON FEB 05, 2021 08:02 PM IST
BBC has spoken to former detainees and a guard who have alleged sytematic rape and sexual torture at the camps.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 11, 2021 03:20 PM IST
An investigation in June found that the Chinese government was forcing draconian birth control measures on ethnic minorities in Xinjiang. However, an official from the Xinjiang regional government, told reporters Monday that birth control decisions were made of the person’s own free will.
Beijing | By Press Trust of India
PUBLISHED ON AUG 04, 2018 04:49 PM IST
Over 8,700 houses, farmland, roads, railway lines and power and telecommunication facilities were damaged in the floods that have wreaked havoc in China since early this week.