Parents-to-be, take note: Here are the best destinations for a babymoon
Celebrities like Shahid Kapur and Shilpa Shetty went on babymoons, a sort of second honeymoon before the baby arrives. Here’s how to plan one.Updated: Aug 04, 2017 11:05 IST
It is the kind of big break that is catching on among parents. We are talking about the babymoon destinations trending in India and abroad. Couples go on what is called their second honeymoon before the arrival of the newborn. This break gives them an opportunity to relax and reconnect before getting busy with the newborn. Celebrities such as Shahid Kapur as well as Shilpa Shetty have popularised the trend. Travel during pregnancy is safest during the second trimester. Keep in mind your getaway should help you savour and celebrate each moment before the stork arrives. Kapil Goswamy, CMD, BigBreaks, provides travel tips for a romantic getaway that will help the parents make memories:
* While choosing a babymoon destination, ensure the place is safe and has adequate medical support. If you are keen on privacy, book yourself into an ocean/sea-facing resort or luxury suite in an island destination where there will be plenty of staff at your beck and call.
* If you are in for a calm weekend, head to Kerala, where you and your spouse can soak in the beaches, stay in at exotic boathouses or check into resorts with tree-houses.
* Calmness prevails in Pondicherry. What you will enjoy is a smorgasbord of French heritage and culture complete with beautiful beaches and French cuisine.
* Up north, head to Jaipur, a stone’s throw away from Gurgaon. The best time to visit is between August and October. Get set for some royal pampering in the city’s heritage hotels and resorts.
* Udaipur is another destination where properties like the Leela Palace will offer you a pre- and post-natal treatment designed to relax the body and tone the skin of pregnant mommies.
* If you are ready to hit foreign shores, Mexico could be your best bet. A 7-star spa resort will get you a spa massage and a maternity photo shoot.
* How about Bath if you are London-bound? It is just an hour by train from London’s Paddington Station and happens to be so called for its natural hot springs that served as ancient Roman baths 2,000 years ago. Bath is the only spot in the United Kingdom where you can bathe in naturally occurring hot spa waters and Roman-style baths. The town is overflowing with quaint Georgian architecture and also has numerous historical and cultural sites.
* Bollywood celebrities have been known to keep aside their busy work schedules and spend quality time with their better halves. While Shahid Kapur and Mira Rajput took off for the Maldives, Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra zipped off to Switzerland, and Rani Mukherji and Aditya Chopra went all over Europe. Incidentally, Rani even went in for a pre-natal massage at a London spa.
Whether you choose a beach destination or a nature trail, opt for properties that are not isolated yet not overly touristy. Your choice of destination should promise moderate sightseeing and low-intensity activities.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.