From molestation to mimicry: Why TV actors have been in controversy
Several small-screen actors have been embroiled in controversies and legal tussles in the past few months. We take stock of some such cases.tv Updated: Jan 18, 2016 10:18 IST
Over the past few months, many TV actors have made headlines after being embroiled in controversies. From cases of molestation, to rape accusations, we look at what has brought these television personalities under the scanner.
Comedian-actor Kiku Sharda was arrested in Mumbai for allegedly mimicking Dera Sacha Sauda head, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, on a TV show. The court sent Kiku to 14-day judicial custody, but he was soon granted bail on a personal bond of Rs 1 lakh. He also sought bail on two other cases filed against him for the same act.
Apparently, Ratan Rajput was groped by a lightman on the sets of her mythological TV show. She complained to the production head and wanted strict action to be taken against him. But when no action was taken, she refused to shoot. Reportedly, she resumed work only after the production house sacked the lightman.
Vikas Gupta and Parth Samthaan
Actor Parth Samthaan lodged a complaint against TV producer Vikas Gupta for allegedly molesting him, for non-payment of dues, and for trying to extort money. With multiple versions from both the sides, the case is becoming murkier by the day.
Pooja Misrra has been in the news for her numerous altercations. She has had issues with people in her residential society for a while now. But this time around, the actor-VJ was barred from entering her own house. The residential society that she lives in banned her from entering the premises. It was apparently her unacceptable behaviour that led the neighbours to take this extreme step.
TV actor Pratyusha Banerjee filed a police complaint against four cops, who barged into her house on January 4. She claims that the cops apparently refused to register her complaint as it might incriminate one of their own. Apparently, the cops went to her flat to speak to her boyfriend, Rahul Singh, against whom a non-cognisable (NC) offence had been registered. The NC was registered when Rahul had allegedly manhandled a loan recovery agent, Amit Dalvi, who had gone to her house on December 31, 2015, to collect an instalment of a car loan.
A newbie, Visha Bhagwani, filed a police complaint against TV actor Mrunal Jain for getting too close to her and exchanging lewd messages. Apparently, the two had grown close after they met at a shoot. Later, when his wife learnt about their closeness, the matter got aggravated. After some time, Visha withdrew her complaint because she was pressurised to do so by her family.
1. TV actor Bhupinder Singh was banned from shooting for three months after he slapped Rajendra Upadhayay, who belonged to the production team of his TV show
2. TV actor Sai Bilal was arrested for sending his co-actor, Helen Fonseca, sexually explicit videos on her cell phone
3. TV actor Yash Pandit was accused of rape by a 28-year-old actor, who claimed he raped her on several occasions after allegedly promising to marry her
4. TV actor Vishal Thakkar was accused of rape by his alleged girlfriend, who lodged a police complaint against him. Post the reports, he was apparently so disturbed that he has been missing since January 1
5. TV actor Gaurav Sharma was caught for driving drunk. He had to appear in court.
First Published: Jan 18, 2016 10:15 IST