‘I can only ask my actors to be loyal'
Ekta Kapoor clears controversies surrounding her television awards.. interviewed by Prabha Singh.
Tell us something about the award function you are planning to conduct.
We've been planning this for some time now. We'll be tying up with another award organisation, so it will be quite a big affair.
Who are you tying up with?
I can't reveal much at this point except that it will be a big film production house. In about a month, we should have a name for our awards.
How will you ensure that your awards will be any different from the existing ones?
Our awards will be a commercial venture.. they won't look like poor country cousins of the film awards.
We want authenticity. As for the jury, it won't comprise only of people from the television and film fraternity, but from all over.
When do you plan to launch the awards?
Sometime between December and January.
Recently, it was rumoured that you'd sent out an SMS to all your actors, instructing them not to attend any other television awards..
Look, firstly, I don't sms my actors directly. What's out in the papers isn't correct.
But yes, I did send out a message to some of my actors, informing them about the awards that I plan to launch.
As far as attending other award functions is concerned, my actors have been given the option of taking time off during September or October.
But it's impossible to let them go on leave for more than a couple of days.. because most of my actors are doing two shows.
Will you take action against actors who attend other award functions?
Of course not! I can only request them to be loyal to our awards.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.
- Rakhi Sawant's first post after Bigg Boss 14 has left her friends and followers in awe of her resilience. Rakhi recently shared a picture of her mother in hospital, where she is undergoing cancer treatment.
- A video of comedian Kapil Sharma lashing out at the paparazzi earlier this week has divided Twitter. While his fans wished him well, others were 'perturbed' by his behaviour.
- Sidharth Shukla fans were in for a treat when he posted a short video of himself taking a dip in a swimming pool. Check out his post here.
- Asim Riaz on Tuesday proudly posted a picture of his girlfriend Himanshi Khurana's Times Square billboard. Here's how she reacted.
- Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya said that his proposal to Disha Parmar on the show was not a publicity gimmick. He said that he could not fake 'special emotions' to garner votes.