Kapil Sharma and his wife Ginni Chatrath to host a reception in Mumbai today
In what might just mark the end of high profile Bollywood weddings this season in India, comedy king Kapil Sharma is all set to host his final wedding reception in Mumbai on Monday.
Kapil married his long-time girlfriend Ginni Chatrath as per Hindu and Sikh customs in Jalandhar, Punjab on December 12. Post that, they threw a wedding reception on December 14 in the city for their near and dear ones. His big fat Punjabi wedding was preceded by a ‘jagran’ cum ‘mata ki chowki’ ceremony in Amritsar, his home town and an Anand Karaj ceremony at Gini’s home earlier in December.
Kapil’s reception in Mumbai will be held at JW Marriot and is expected to see a host of Bollywood’s big names in attendance. At its peak, The Kapil Sharma Show, saw stars such as Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan among many others attend the show. It has been reported that the next season of the popular chat show will be produced by Salman. Ranveer Singh, Sara Ali Khan and Rohit Shetty have already recorded an episode with Kapil for the new season. The opening episode is expected to also feature Salman, his father and brothers apart from the team of Simmba. Promos of the episode, to be aired on December 29, are already online.
A card of the Mumbai reception invite is online too and reveals details of the venue.
Meanwhile, a report in Mid Day, says that the excess food from all his functions in Amritsar and Jalandhar was given away to an NGO called Feeding India. It continues that no sooner did the NGO get to know of Kapil’s wedding, they contacted his team, knowing fully well that his ceremonies will be a typical Punjabi affair. No sooner did Kapil get to know of them, he immediately agreed to have the excess food donated.
A source told Mid Day that “when they told Kapil about their cause, he said yes without thinking twice”.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a new video, Rahul Vaidya revealed that he learnt how to make caramelised eggs from Aly Goni, knead dough from Jasmin Bhasin and even Rakhi Sawant taught him how to cook some dish.
- Shehnaaz Gill said that she was not affected by the acid attack threats she got and the doctored videos made of her. She said that she is only gaining 'sympathy' in the process.
- Mahhi Vij, in a lengthy note, responded to accusations that she and Jay Bhanushali do not love their foster children Khushi and Rajveer as much as their biological daughter Tara.
- After promising a surprise to her fans, Jasmin Bhasin and Aly Goni have revealed first look of their music video together. Check out the first poster.
- Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Pavitra Punia and Eijaz Khan came together for Naina Singh's birthday bash on Friday.
- Anita Hassanandani has shared two cute videos on her Instagram Stories in which she can be seen pampering her son, Aaravv.
- Rubina Dilaik was extremely angry and fought with Rakhi Sawant when she got to know about the incident. Abhinav has now said that the reaction made him feel a 'sense of belonging'.
- Rakhi Sawant took to Instagram to share a video of herself doing various household chores. She complained that Bigg Boss made her a 'grihani (housewife)'.
- Kavita Kaushik called out a man for sending her abusive messages on Instagram. As he apologised to her, she exposed the ‘reality of sher dil men of our country’.
- Rahul Vaidya confirms he will marry Disha Parmar soon in an intimate ceremony. He had proposed marriage to her on national TV last year on her birthday.