Kelly Brook could become one of Charlie’s Angels
American TV bosses are bringing back Charlie’s Angels to the small screen and they want Kelly Brook for a role that could turn her into a global superstar. Brook is being lined up to become one of Charlie’s Angels in a remake of the classic TV series.The programmer’s main producers – Brit Miles Millar, 44, and American Al Gough, 43 – have already worked with Kelly, 30, on hit US show Smallville, based on the Superman films. And they think she’ll be perfect to play the part of one of the glamorous private detectives and hope to hold talks with the model in the New Year.
“Al and Miles know Kelly from their time on Smallville and they think she is a star in the making,” the Mirror quoted a source as saying. “Rather than cast established stars, producers want to find less well-known actresses and turn them into household names – just like they did in the 1970s with Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Jaclyn Smith,” the source added.
The hit show followed the adventures of the three scantily-clad girls as they solved crimes for the mysterious Charlie – who was never seen but was voiced by John Forsythe. The source said, “Kelly fits the bill. She’s gorgeous, feisty, athletic, a good actress and – most importantly – the producers think American viewers will love her.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.