Gaddafi's forces retake Misrata, Zawiyah: Libyan TV
Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's forces have recaptured the important coastal cities of Zawiyah and Misrata from rebels, state television said on Sunday.
It said government forces were also heading for Libya's second largest city Benghazi in the country's east, epicentre of a two-week-old revolt against Gaddafi's 41-year rule in the oil-producing North African country.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Some detainees are survivors of prison under the former junta. Some were taken from their homes, hundreds were seized by riot police and soldiers who charged down protests against the coup
- The sanctions are the first ordered by President Joe Biden against Russia and will help set the tone for his relations with Putin.
- The number of fully vaccinated people are nowhere near the number of doses administered since most of the countries are using Covid-19 vaccines that require a two-doses regimen.
- The case being filed next month before the European Court of Human Rights is supported by the environmental group Fridays for Future, which is helping to crowdfund the legal costs.
- The short video shot by Dananeer Mobeen in the Nathaigali mountains of northern Pakistan and uploaded onto Instagram shows a group of youngsters enjoying themselves by a roadside.