Karan Johar’s ADHM video appeal gets mixed reactions from Bollywood | bollywood | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 04, 2016-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Karan Johar’s ADHM video appeal gets mixed reactions from Bollywood

bollywood Updated: Oct 20, 2016 07:41 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Filmmaker Karan Johar cleared his stand in the video statement he released. (IANS)

Filmmaker Karan Johar finally broke his silence on the controversy around his upcoming film, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, on Tuesday.

“For me, my country comes first… When I shot Ae Dil Hai Mushkil from September to December last year, the (political) climate was completely different. There were efforts made by our government for peaceful relationships with the neighbouring country… Going forward, I would like to say that of course I wouldn’t engage with talent from the neighbouring country given the circumstance,” said KJo in the video message he shared online.

The 44-year-old added that he wouldn’t want his crew to suffer. “Over 300 Indian people in my crew have put their blood, sweat and tears into my film. I don’t think it is fair for them to face turbulence on account of other fellow Indians. I respect the Army ... I condemn any form of terrorism,” Johar said.

As soon as the video was released, there were all kinds of reactions on social media. Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who had already voiced his opinion against the ban on Pakistani artists, supported Johar in his tweet.

Actor Mini Mathur also voiced her support for Johar.

So did Tanuj Garg:

However, filmmaker Ashoke Pandit told HT, “In the video, Karan said he was silent because people called him anti-national, but I feel it was the other way around. People got hurt as his actor and he were silent. Karan never said he condemned his actor’s silence on the Uri attack. Today, under pressure, Johar has released this video.”

And here’s what film critic Kamaal Rashid Khan had to say.

Meanwhile, the first teaser of filmmaker Gauri Shinde’s film, Dear Zindagi, is out. And according to reports, Pakistani actor Ali Zafar will not feature in any of the teasers.