The Union government on Friday signed a tripartite suspension of operation agreement with Assam militant outfit NDFB's Ranjan Daimary faction.
"A Suspension-of-operation agreement was signed by the state and central governments with the group. As per the agreement, there will be no operation for the next six months from both sides," Assam's additional director general of police (law and order) AP Rout said in Guwahati.
Daimary gave a list of 579 cadres and 40 weapons, Rout said.
He said the government would set up two camps for the NDFB cadres.
"We will put the cadres in two camps. After six months, we will review the situation and take a further call," he said.
Asked whether the agreement took into consideration the group's involvement in the serial blasts in the state in 2008 which claimed over 100 lives, the senior police officer replied in the negative.
Daimary was arrested from Bangladesh in 2010 and was deported to India. He was released on bail earlier this year for negotiations.
The Union government was represented by Shambhu Singh, Joint Secretary (North East), ministry of home affairs and the state by Gyanendra Dev Tripathi, secretary, home.