Akshay Dogra was caught in a minor fire mishap while shooting a sequence for TV show Waaris. The actor has said he was lucky to escape unhurt.
In one scene, Akshay, seen as Jagan in the sitcom, had to fight his enemy with crops on fire in the background. During the scene, a spark fell on Akshay’s back, and before he realised his kurta had caught fire. The incident happened last week.
“I am very scared of fire since childhood, but as an actor I need to give my 100 per cent to make the scene look believable. I guess I was lucky that nothing major happened,” Akshay said in a statement.
Waaris is based on cultural issues and shows a mother bringing up a girl child as a boy.
Follow @htshowbiz for more