Corporator killed in Madhya Pradesh town
An independent corporator was killed by some unidentified men in Madhya Pradesh's Satna district, police said on Sunday.
"The corporator, Rajan Dagia, was returning home Saturday night from a marriage party in Satna town when some unidentified persons attacked him with sharp edged weapons and brutally killed him on the spot. Prima facie, political rivalry appears to be the cause behind the murder," Jaitwara station house officer A R Mishra said.
Police have registered a case and are investigating. No one has been arrested so far.
Satna is some 300 km from Bhopal.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Balveer Singh Yadav, 45, a resident of Bharrad village of Madhya Pradesh's Morena district had been arrested in 2006 in connection to a murder case.
- The victim died on Saturday while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- Yadav has shown through for his commitment while managing the crowd of patients and visitors at the hospital without taking a single leave since March 2020, said a hospital official
- The accused confessed to their crime and said they killed Sahu over a dispute over ₹5 crore that the deceased was demanding from Naresh Gurjar, one of the main accused, said police.
- A senior BJP leader said it was unfortunate that Congress leaders continue to insult women but the Congress high command remains silent.
- The DGP stated eloping with boyfriends as one of the reasons behind the disappearance of girls and women in urban areas.
- People found ancient coins on the bank of river in Madhya Pradesh's Shivpura village a few days ago.
- Covaxin is India’s first indigenous Covid-19 vaccine developed by Bharat Biotech.