Aarti Khetarpal: Many people in Bollywood take up a joint just to accompany a director
As the probe into the Bollywood drug nexus widens, there are many who are lauding this move as a much-needed cleaning drive. For newbie Aarti Khetarpal, too, this is something that she wholeheartedly welcomes as she feels it is in the right interest of the film industry.
“There is a major clean up happening not just for Bollywood but also in life. It is high time it happened, because we all know what is happening and what’s been happening. And unfortunately many have had to succumb to the pressure because that is the whole vibe of the place,” shares Khetarpal, who has starred in web series such as Ragini MMS Returns season 2 and The Casino.
The actor says people should not be opposing to what has been happening as she adds, “cleaning ho rahi hai toh kachra toh niklga na.”
She feels that amid the pandemic and because of the lockdown just like the environment cleaned itself up now it is time for the film industry.
“We are now coming to the broader picture which is that the film industry now that is cleaning up, all the cases are snowballing in to very important aspects of what is already there. From the time of Dum Maro Dum from Hare Krishna Hare Ram (1971) till today it was getting difficult for people. It became a fashion. I am a non-drinker, non-smoker, vegetarian. I am very particular about my value system but there are so many people who have to take up a joint just to accompany a director,” she shares.
Khetarpal says that now being virtuous can finally be the new “cool”.
“Now there is no need to (do any of that), now you can stick to your values because this is who you are. It is cool to have no vices and good virtues. That is what I love about it, it is cool to be a good girl,” she concludes.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.