After Pakistan bans Indian films, AICWA urges all film industries to ban Pak artists
After Pakistan banned the screening of Indian films on Thursday; All Indian Cine Workers Association (AICWA) demanded a blanket ban on Pakistani artists, diplomats and bilateral relations with Pakistan and its people.
“In relation to Pakistani government banning Indian movies in Pakistan AICWA urges all the film industries to put a complete stop to any association with Pakistani artists, musician, and diplomats,” read the statement released by the AICWA. The AICWA demanded strict “say no to Pakistan” for trade and bilateral relation.
“Entire film industry and cine workers have refused to resume work till there is a complete ban of Pakistani movie makers, artists, and trade partner,” the statement read.
Tensions escalated between the two countries after India scrapped Article 370 and 35A.
“AICWA learns that after scrapping Article 370 and 35A Pakistan has become vulnerable in feeding their perpetrators who were directly involved in provoking Kashmiris to create a non-cooperative movement against Indian government and policies,” the statement read further.
AICWA president Suresh Gupta praised Home Minister Amit Shah and Prime Minister Narendra Modi for their bold decisions and wish them luck on behalf of the entire film industry and 1.3 billion Indians.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan dropped a new picture with a friend and upped her glamour game. She is currently in New York.
- Actor Vidya Balan has said that it has taken her time to accept her body because, at one point in her life, she used to hate it.
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.