Anurag Kashyap explains nepotism using Tiger Shroff and Taimur, Ayesha Shroff says ‘don’t involve my kid in this’
With the nepotism debate reignited, Anurag Kashyap claimed that one of the reasons it exists is also because it is ‘what you the audience wants to see’. To make his point, he shared a news article on actor Tiger Shroff (son of actor Jackie Shroff and producer Ayesha Shroff) and Taimur Ali Khan (son of actors Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan).
“This is nepotism by media ..? Why?? Because this is what you the audience wants to see .. So isn’t it nepotism by you the audience too??” Anurag questioned.
Also Watch | Anubhav Sinha: ‘Insider-outsider debate superficial, starkids have their share of difficulties’
However, Ayesha did not like the fact that the director made a point about nepotism using her son’s example. Replying to Anurag’s tweet, she claimed that he was in Bollywood solely because of ‘his own hard work’. “Yo! Don’t involve my kid in this!! he’s here on his own hard work entirely,” she wrote.
Last month, Tiger’s fans began trending ‘I support Tiger Shroff’ on Twitter, after the insider-outsider debate gained momentum again after Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. It has been alleged that Sushant was targetted for being an outsider and attempts were made to stall his career.
Earlier this month, Tiger weighed in on the nepotism debate and said that star kids get attention more easily, but also have to work harder to establish themselves as stars in their own right. He added that he managed to create his own identity, instead of being known simply as Jackie’s son.
“Being my father’s son, there’s an added pressure of being a star’s son. People think it’s very easy for us. I won’t lie, in a way to get a little attention it helps. It’s easier for people who are from the film industry but it’s double the effort to make it on our own. I managed to get out of my father’s shadow,” he told IANS in an interview.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.