Aparshakti Khurana says he is yet to reach the stage where he can be compared to brother Ayushmann Khurrana
Actor Aparshakti Khurana has said he is yet to reach the stage where he can be compared to his brother, actor Ayushmann Khurrana. While Aparshakti made his debut with Aamir Khan’s Dangal in 2016, Ayushmann started his career with Shoojit Sircar’s Vicky Donor in 2012.
He told Pinkvilla in an interview, “I am yet to read any article comparing me and Ayushmann. Moreover, I think I am yet to become an equal to Ayushmann. Comparisons can only be done between equals. I am yet to reach there. Had I felt the pressure of being Ayushmann’s brother, I would not have taken up my first film.”
He also revealed the film he considers as his failure. “It is very rare that people get such back to back hits. I cannot take the entire credit for this. It is all very situational. Of course, I do fear failures. They aren’t visible a lot of times, but we meet failures often. If I have to talk about one film which failed, it is Jabariya Jodi. It is important for us to know where we have failed and where we haven’t,” he said.
Aparshakti, who was working on his first film as the lead - Helmet - before all shootings were halted amid the lockdown in wake of coronavirus outbreak, will be seen romancing Pranutan Bahl in the film. He is under quarantine inside his own house.
Speaking about the lockdown, the actor told Hindustan Times in an interview, “I have always been a foodie, so I wanted to learn to cook what I like to eat. I am taking cooking lessons. The other day, I made kaale chaane and it turned out pretty well. I also learnt to make butter chicken. My domestic help, Shiva, is helping me hone my skills. Thanks to technology, I am also taking some online narrations,” adding how he unintentionally started an online game of Antakshari on his Instagram.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.