Arjun Kapoor likes to challenge himself
Actor Arjun Kapoor says he feels blessed to have got an opportunity to play a double role in his second film. The 27-year-old entered film industry as a ruffian in Ishaqzaade last year, and in his second venture, Aurangzeb, he played a double role.
“It is a challenge that every actor dreams of doing in his career. I got it so soon and jumped at it. I guess only Hrithik had done this in his first film (Kaho Naa...Pyaar Hai). I got it in my second. For me, the process was interesting to find two characters,” says Arjun.
He further says that the main challenge was to portray the two characters with conviction: “On the sets, while playing Vishal, I used to remember Ajay, so that I don’t play it like Ajay and vice versa... I was offered Aurangzeb before Ishaqzaade released. I was surprised that they thought I was capable enough to pull off a double role. Also, when I read the script, I never expected Yash Raj Films to do this kind of film. You would probably expect me and Yash Raj to do my next film in a slightly more younger, fresher zone. So this is what excited me that it was inverse to what everyone had in mind for me,” he says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.
- Interior designer Gauri Khan shared a throwback picture with actor-husband Shah Rukh Khan. See it here.