Bearded, pierced ears look for Imran Khan
Imran Khan has been roped in for Vishal Bhardwaj's Matru ki Bijlee ka Mandola and the actor is working on his looks and hopes to live up to the filmmaker's exacting standards.
"When such an established director approaches you it always feels good. Vishal is one of the finest directors working today. When he approached me, it was a great honour," said Imran whose Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu is releasing on Friday.
"He (Bhardwaj) has his own standard. I always question myself whether I will be able to live up to that standard. So I am glad about it," he added.
Talking about his new look in the film, Imran said: "I have pierced my ears and am growing my beard... We have not even started the shooting."
Matru ki Bijlee ka Mandola is a romantic comedy and it also stars Anushka Sharma. The 29-year-old said that he will "start shooting for Vishal's film from Valentine's Day".
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.