Bhumi Pednekar on relationships: Of course I’ve dated many guys before I became an actor
Just three-films old in the industry, actor Bhumi Pednekar has so-far worked with two actors —Ayushmann Khurrana and Akshay Kumar — and both of them are “married and settled”, so there was hardly any scope for her to get linked with them. Even apart from films, Bhumi hasn’t really talked much about her private life or men she has dated in the past. And after the success of her recent films—Toilet: Ek Prem Katha and Shubh mangal Saavdhan — fans are even more curious to know about Bhumi’s personal life.
Asked about her relationship status, she quips, “I am single. There’s no excitement apart from my work. I haven’t worked with many co-stars, so no rumours also. You can say I’m married to my work at this moment.”
But Bhumi doesn’t shy away from admitting that she has been in relationships in the past. “I am a modern day girl and of course I have dated many guys. But in all honesty, I was a child, so immature and naive. Everything was so frivolous and I’m not a bitter person. I’m friends with all my exes, as they were all friends. I feel these are the experiences that turn into the person you are,” says Bhumi, adding that she hasn’t been in a relationship ever since she made her acting debut in 2015 with Dum Laga Ke Haisha.
So, is she looking out for that someone special? “Honestly, I haven’t thought about it. I am not against being in a relationship and neither is the case that I want to be in one. I just go with the flow. It is cool with me. I’m very content with my work and I never complain. I’m in a very good phase right now and I’ve not compromised on any aspect of my life.”
Prod her further if she’d be okay dating someone from the industry, Bhumi adds, “I don’t know. I really don’t look at a person’s profession. These are superficial things and your partner needs to have a lot more (qualities) than what he does (for a living). His core is something I need to connect with.”
On whether her family expects her to get married or meet guys for marriage proposals, Bhumi feels lucky that there’s no such pressure. “Fortunately, I come from a family where we were told ‘you are not getting married till you are successful.’ So, I have no family pressure and everyone is very chilled out and would never put me in a situation where I’d be asked to be with somebody or get married,” she says.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.