Bollywood comedian Razak Khan dies of cardiac arrest
Film and television actor Razak Khan died on Wednesday due to cardiac arrest.
The actor, who has been part of Bollywood films such as Raja Hindustani(1996), Hello Brother (1999), Hera Pheri (2000), Partner (2007) and Action Jackson(2014), was rushed to Holy Family Hospital in Bandra around 12:30am. However, he was declared dead on arrival by the hospital authorities.
His son Asad Khan is expected to reach Mumbai from Croatia on Wednesday.
The funeral will be held at Narialwadi Kabaristan, Byculla, after 4pm on Thursday.
Watch Fayyaz Takkar in Ankhiyo Se Goli Maare
Khan began his onscreen journey with a small role in the famous television show, Nukkad (1986-87), and made his Bollywood debut with Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja (1993). He gained popularity for playing villainous roles that he played with a dash of comedy. He acted in more than 90 films during his 23-year-long career. He also appeared on Comedy Nights With Kapil last year.He was last seen in Kyaa Cool Hain Hum 3 (2016).
Bollywood took to social media to express their grief.
Chandan Roy Sanyal, famous for his portrayal of Mikhail in Kaminey (2009), wrote on a social networking site, “A thorough gentleman, a purist, lovely human being, a comedian, humorist, foodie.”
(With inputs from ANI)
From @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyaank Sharma and Shaza Morani hosted a Christian-style wedding ceremony in the Maldives this week. The couple exchanged their vows at a beach ceremony, and danced to Ed Sheeran's Perfect.
- Twitter users reacted after Kangana Ranaut shamed 'achievers' of today for wearing 'torn American jeans and rags like blouses'. Some found pictures of Kangana herself wearing the clothes that she described.
- Sunny Leone 'found' husband Daniel Weber wearing nothing but a strategically placed hat, and decided to shoot a video of him for her Instagram followers.
- The trailer for Flight, a new film starring Mohit Chadda, has been released. Watch here.
- Shabana Azmi shared a rare throwback picture from the golden era. While there are number of well-known faces in the picture, she mentioned how she failed to recall who the Soviets were in the picture.
- A video of Shraddha grooving to Stree song Kamariya during her birthday celebrations in Maldives has appeared online.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan attended the wedding of Punjab CM Amarinder Singh's granddaughter recently, and pictures of him having a good time have surfaced online.
- Priyanka Chopra and mother Madhu Chopra were recently spotted taking a walk on a London street. The actor is in the UK for the shooting of spy series, Citadel.
- Tiger Shroff, mom Ayesha Shroff, sister Krishna Shroff and rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani came together for the actor's birthday dinner.
- Shraddha Kapoor turns 34 on Wednesday and to celebrate we are revisiting the time she told her father, Shakti Kapoor, how proud she was of him.
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.