Brahmastra: Amitabh Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt’s new trilogy
On Amitabh Bachchan’s 75th birthday, producer Karan Johar has announced a film with Big B in the lead. The film is titled Brahmastra and it will also feature Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt in the lead roles.
Johar said on Twitter that it’s going to be a trilogy and the first film in the franchise will be releasing on august 15, 2019. The director’s name has also been announced and it’s Ayan Mukerji.
Earlier, there were reports in the media that Ranbir Kapoor’s next film will be titled Dragon, but it seems the name of the same film has been changed to Brahmastra.
This year, Kapoor was seen in Anurag Basu’s Jagga Jasoos that turned out to be a disaster at the box office.
A day ago, Johar had announced another film with Akshay Kumar in the lead which is said to be based on the battle of Saragarhi.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Alia Bhatt shared a number of fan-made videos, where they have recreated some scenes and dialogues from the teaser of Gangubai Kathiawadi.
- Bhumi Pednekar has shared a video from her recent visit to the house where she and Ayushmann Khurrana shot for Dum Laga Ke Haisha six years ago.
- A picture of Ajay Devgn on the set of Alia Bhatt's Gangubai Kathiawadi was shared online. Also in the picture is director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Neena Gupta plays an old woman and Arjun Kapoor is her grandson in the Kaashivie Nair film Sardar Ka Grandson that premiers on Netflix soon.
- Neena Gupta has said she did not want Masaba to go to Goa with friends. The senior actor also went to Goa and stayed separately, only to receive a call from her daughter as she cried.
- Disha Patani is in awe of rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's dancing abilities. Sister Krishna Shroff agrees too. See here.
- Raveena Tandon took to her Instagram to show off daughter Rasha Thadani's achievement, as she teenager earned her blackbelt in Taekwondo. See her post here.