Critics give thumbs down to Break Ke Baad
Break Ke Baad has been panned for the lack of interesting screenplay and smouldering chemistry between the lead couple - Deepika and Imran by almost all movie critics. Read on to know the pluses and minuses of the film.
The film's script is being touted as the weakest link of the movie. Movie critic Taran Adarsh (Bollywood Hungama) feels, "Break Ke Baad goes wrong, sorry horribly wrong in its writing. The screenplay is full of glitches, the writing is juvenile, the situations are amateurish and I actually wondered how a shoddy screenplay like the one in Break Ke Baad was green-lit and approved in the first place."Many critics also felt that the film loses its grip 'interval ke baad'. Writes critic Sukanya Verma (Rediff), "Post-interval, the promise of delving into the complications of long-distance romance begin to dwindle as Break Ke Baad runs out of ideas, spark, focus and momentum, procrastinating endlessly, before racking up yet another addition in the list of far-fetched 'n' filmi fairytale endings."
Critics have mixed views about Deepika's performance in the film. While some think, it was a "spunky" performance, others touted it "superficial".
Taran Adarsh writes, "As far as Deepika is concerned, I like the spontaneity that she brings to the character. After Love Aaj Kal, this is another film that will make people sit up and notice her talent."
Writes, Sonia Chopra, "Deepika Padukone is spunky enough and has come to be identified with roles that defy the archetypal heroine mould."
Some, however, felt that Deepika could have done a better job.
Says Sukanya Verma, "Apart from her supermodel long legs and smouldering sex appeal, which she flashes endlessly, Deepika's strained dialogue delivery and tough girl aggression is rather affected and superficial."
Writes Anupama Chopra (NDTV.com), "The feisty and stubborn Aaliya doesn’t match the inspired madness of Geet in Jab We Met but she has vitality. And Deepika, whose beautiful but inexpressive face usually seems disconnected from any emotion, actually makes her come alive. This is her best performance to date."
Imran-Deepika's chemistry also faced flak.
Writes Sukanya Verma, "Fleeting kiss notwithstanding, his pairing with Deepika fails to generate that all-important chemistry, she's more of a bullying big sister in face of his Dennis-no menace adorability."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.