Deepika Padukone makes this photo with Ranbir Kapoor her Facebook, Instagram, Twitter display pic. Here’s why
Actor Deepika Padukone surprised her fans on Friday when she changed her display picture on social media to one that featured actor Ranbir Kapoor. While some fans wondered what was the reason behind it, others realised that Deepika is celebrating five years of her film Tamasha.
Tamasha was directed by Imtiaz Ali and released in 2005. It featured Ranbir as storyteller Ved and Deepika as the girl who falls in love with him, Tara. Deepika has put their picture from the film’s poster as her display photo on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. She even changed her profile title to ‘Tara’ on the apps.
Tamasha was about a man called Ved whose dream of becoming a writer and storyteller was suppressed when he was a child. As an adult, he lives dual lives as a meek, bullied employee at an MNC and as a savvy and confident man on holiday. He meets Tara on a holiday in Corsica and she instantly falls in love with him. However, when they meet years later, she finds out that he isn’t anything like the Ved she had met before.
The film didn’t perform too well at the box office upon release but has since become one of the favourites for Hindi film lovers. A fan wrote on Deepika’s new DP on Facebook, “Is there gonna be a second part,” asked a fan. Another joked, asking “Where is Ranveer Singh?”
Apart from Tamasha, Deepika and Ranbir have also worked together in Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani and Bachna Ae Haseeno. Imtiaz has also worked with Ranbir in Rockstar.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.