Dia Mirza: I hope this Diwali gives us the opportunity to shine the light within
Dia Mirza has a special connect with the festival of lights because of her name. And this year, the actor is keeping it all low-key and planning to stay home and introspect, which she recommends others to do as well.
“Staying at home and spending time with family is what I’m going to do. It’s a good thing that there are no parties. It’ll be a peaceful Diwali. I hope it gives us the opportunity to shine the light within. We need to really draw our consciousness and awareness towards what it truly means to be blessed with light and knowledge,” the actor shares.
Talking about the importance of dispelling all the negativity around, the 38-year-old says, “I truly wish we realise how blessed we all are. I hope we can work together and come together collectively and make a difference in lives of other people.”
The actor-producer — also the UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador, adds that this year, one needs to be all the more careful and keep it a green Diwali because of the pandemic.
“It’s important to keep the environment and pandemic in mind because both aren’t mutually exclusive. This pandemic has been an indicator of what scientists have been telling us and that is health and environment are intrinsically connected to each other. With the pollution, which happens this time of the year, increasing and the fact that it makes people suffering from Covid even more vulnerable, it’s alarming. It’s something that we need to take stronger cognisance of now more than ever before,” she explains.
So, what’s the best way to celebrate the festival this year? “Now with the pandemic in mind maintain social distancing and keep it within family. Try and avoid too much interaction with people. This is a sensitive time and you need to remember that we are amid a pandemic,” she says.
Mirza has a word of caution for all those who are taking things lightly. “Escapism and apathy and ignorance isn’t going to help us. We’ve to be more responsible towards our own health and that of our families,” she concludes.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has said that she is willing to restart life with the actor after seeing his caring side for the last few days.
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.