Ekta tried to hook me up with Tusshar: Vidya
Fans of Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan, who won HT City’s Stars in the City contest, got a chance to meet the two versatile actors at the HT City office on Wednesday evening.
And even as Farhan, Vidya, and Saket — the director of their upcoming film, Shaadi Ke Side Effects, and producer Ekta Kapoor were over an hour behind schedule, that didn’t dampen the spirit of their fans who were waiting for them with questions, gifts and requests. And as Farhan sang his way into his fans’ hearts with a track from Rock On!, Vidya stunned everyone with a disclosure when she said, “When I was doing Hum Paanch (the 1995 comedy show), Ekta wanted me to become Mrs Kapoor ... she tried very hard to hook me up with (Ekat’s brother) Tusshar.” As the duo laughed on the old joke, Ekta was quick to point out, “But you did become Mrs Kapur, though a different one!”
So, when we asked Vidya how bored she is, on a scale of 10, about answering questions on marriage and rumours that she is expecting her first child, the 36-year-old actor laughed, “58! I mean I am okay with being asked how it is to be married. But that question about the baby, more than boring me, scares me because I am just not prepared for a baby right now.”
And is Farhan giving her any parenting tips? “I am not her parent,” said the 40-year-old, sending the audience into splits while adding, “Unsolicited advice is the worst thing in the world. Never give it!”
Effects of a few good laughs
Winners of HT City’s Stars in the City contest, spent some fun time with Farhan Akhtar, Vidya Balan, Ekta Kapoor and Saket Chaudhury
With actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar in the house, you can expect some rib-tickling comments, but surprisingly it was filmmaker Ekta Kapoor who was responsible for a few good laughs that winners of HT City’s Stars in the City contest had on Wednesday, when they meet the two, along with Vidya Balan and director Saket Chaudhury, who’s directing Farhan and Vidya in Shaadi Ke Side Effects. “I think I am over-dressed for this occasion. I feel like I have come to a dance party and I am waiting for a partner,” said Ekta who was wearing a floor-grazing gown. Excerpts from a free-wheeling chat that the celebs had with HT City Editor, Sonal Kalra.
Vidya, you have worked with Ekta as a TV actor and now you are working with her in films. What has changed from then to now?
Ekta has just whispered the answer in my ears. She says ‘We don’t slave drive you any more.’ (laughs). Yes, she’s a tough task master but that, I think, is necessary to keep the team driven. Well, for me, Hum Panch (1995), my first serial with Ekta’s production house, was where I learnt to face the camera. I call that my school.
Ekta, when do we see your Shaadi ke Side Effects in real life?
Well, I wouldn’t like to think of marriage as the obvious progression. I would want to get married to someone who finds me as attractive as you people find me (laughs), and if I feel equally attracted to him then I would get married most happily. So, if any of you have friends, brothers, fathers who want to get married, let me know. (laughs as the audience breaks out in claps)
Farhan, are you planning a sequel to Rock On?Yes, we are working on the script of Rock On! And it should happen soon. I am looking forward to it because we had a great time making the first part.
Saket, you are not married so what prompted you to make a film on marriage?
Vidya and Farhan laugh out loud: Vidya: Ok, we will give you the real answer. Saket has powerful binoculars with which he spies on other people’s houses. He has used those situations to write the script.
- Himika Chaudhuri
Farhan, Vidya on campus
Actors Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan, who were promoting their upcoming film at Shri Ram College of Commerce’s dramatics society’s annual fest Histrionica, got new monikers from campus students. As soon as the stars reached, the students shouted out, Silk (Smitha) and Milka (Singh) — name of the characters that they have played in their previous movies. Vidya, said, “Yes, here’s Silk and here’s Milk (referring to Farhan).” The duo then interacted with students. While Vidya gave away goodies, Farhan sang the title track of Rock On! and danced with the students.
- Sahil Mangoo
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.
- Sara Ali Khan is in Jaipur. While she hasn't mentioned the reason behind her visit, it appears that she is in the pink city for a wedding. Sara and Manish Malhotra shared many pictures from the venue.
- Yami Gautam had previously opened up about a prolonged neck injury that affected her routine life. The actor has now detailed in on a road accident that left her with the injury.
- Sisters Malaika Arora and Amrita Arora posted pictures of their mom to wish her on her birthday and close friend Karisma Kapoor was among the first ones to comment.