Glad to have Shah Rukh Khan in Chennai Express: Deepika Padukone
Deepika Padukone is happy to team up with Shah Rukh Khan in Chennai Express after 2007 release Om Shanti Om and says now she interacts with him "more freely" and they share a "friendly equation".
The actress debuted with Om Shanti Om, which had SRK in the male lead, and being a newcomer she tended to be "nervous and awkward" on the sets of Farah Khan directorial venture.
Deepika says now she interacts with SRK "more freely" and they share a "friendly equation".
You are again working with Shah Rukh in Chennai Express? What's it like the second time?
You know, when we did Om Shanti Om, I was a newcomer, nervous and awkward. Today, I can speak to him much more freely. Today, we share a friendly equation. Shah Rukh is a sport. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't get his sense of humour. Shooting with him is a breeze. He lightens the atmosphere and makes everything so easy.
Are you able to face him more confidently this time?
You know, unlike our other film together where there was a large cast, in Chennai Express there is an added pressure because it's a romantic comedy where the focus throughout is on Shah Rukh and me. For two actors to carry off a comedy on their shoulders is not easy. I am glad I've Shah Rukh in Chennai Express to make sure I don't flounder.
Would Chennai Express tap the comic side of you?
Yes! If on one hand (filmmaker) Sanjay Leela Bhansali is pushing the boundaries of my abilities as a dramatic actress (in Ram Leela), on the other hand (director) Rohit Shetty too is tapping a side of me that's never been tapped before. I now realize comedy is the most difficult genre of acting and the most difficult kind of cinema to make.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.
- Interior designer Gauri Khan shared a throwback picture with actor-husband Shah Rukh Khan. See it here.
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.