I'm playing a glam role in Khelein...: Deepika
People might think that Deepika Padukone is going deglam for playing the role of revolutionary Kalpana Dutt in Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey. But if we take the word of this stunning beauty, it's her most glamorous role ever.
"I don't know why people think it's a deglam role. Personally, I love wearing saris, and that's why I wore it to Cannes film festival. Sari is the most glamourous outfit for any Indian women. So in that way, I'm in fact playing a glamorous role in the film," says Deepika who came to promote Khelein... along with director Ashutosh Gowariker, co-star Abhishek Bachchan and other cast members in Ambience Mall, Vasant Kunj.
So how did she slip comfortably into this "glamoruos" role? Says Deepika, "I didn't have to do anything at all. Ashu sir decided all the details; right from my hairstyle in every scene, to what bindi and sari I would wear."'Playing badminton was hard'
The actress might be a professional badminton player, but she found playing badminton hard in her introductory scene. She tells hindustantimes.com, "Strangely, it was very hard for me to play badminton in that scene. The film is set in 1930s, and I couldn't afford to play like a pro. In fact, I had to unlearn my badminton skills to ensure that I don't look like a trained badminton player."
When it was so hard for Deepika, just think of the other girl, who was pitted against Deepika in the badminton scene. Newcomer Vishaka Singh says "she was not scared, but petrified".
'Working with Abhishek was bad'. Really?
Deepika and Abhishek are pairing up for the first time in the movie. How was the experience? Abhishek answers this question on behalf of Deepika, keeping a straight face. "Very bad. She hated me, hated working with me." Deepika smiles and says, "He's absolutely right."
"And you've got your headline," says Abhishek in "sirji" style. As the conversation veers forward, Deepika clarified, "For your information ma'am, we were joking. I had a wonderful time working with Abhishek Bachchan." Headline gone, we wonder? Abhishek comes to our rescue, "Carry the first version in today's story, and another for tomorrow's story." Deepika urged, "Please don't say that." Everyone breaks into a laughter!
Rumour mills were recently abuzz about Deepika Padukone rejecting an offer to star opposite Shahid Kapoor in Sabeer Khan's Heer Raajha. Is it true? She tells our website, "Well, I wouldn't have done a lot of films had that been my criteria of choosing a film. Height of an actor doesn't matter if an actor fits in a particular role."
So is she doing the film, "I can't disclose that now. Will reveal when the time is right," she signs off.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.