Injured Ali Zafar won’t perform live
On January 30, Ali Zafar was set to perform live at the music launch of his upcoming movie, London Paris New York (LPNY). But the plan has been scrapped after the actor-singer hurt his right hand while shooting for David Dhawan’s Chashme Buddoor.
“Since Ali has sung all the songs, he agreed to come on stage and was ready to perform despite his injury. But the makers have told him to rest,” says an insider from the film unit.
The filmmakers had planned an elaborate event, high on the musical quotient, given that Ali is a popular singer from Pakistan, who has several successful stage shows to his credit. Now, they have to think of other options.
LPNY director Anu Menon confirms the news, “We would have loved to have Ali perform, but he has hurt his hand rather badly.”
Meanwhile, Ali and his co-star Aditi Rao Hydari’s kiss in the film is making news following the censor board’s objection to it.
After they gave the film’s trailer featuring it an A certificate, the producers have decided to modify the sequence for both, the promos and the feature film, to ensure that they can reach out to the maximum audience.
The film, produced by Goldie Behl and Shrishti Arya will open on March 2.
“We are really excited about this coming-of-age comedy. It is different from the other rom-coms and should appeal to the youth,” says Vijay Singh, CEO of Fox Star Studios India, the co-producers.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan tied the knot in 2012. At the time, Brad Pitt wished the couple 'all the luck' on their marriage.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.