Kangana Ranaut’s Manikarnika and Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 won’t be clashing. Here’s why
Looks like the Kangana Ranaut and Hrithik Roshan clash isn’t likely to happen. It was earlier reported that Kangana’s Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi and Hrithik’s Super 30 were to clash at the box office around the Republic Day weekend. However, a new report suggests that the clash may have been averted. Hrithik has reportedly decided to prepone the release date of his film by a week.
According to a report in Mid-Day, Super 30 will now release on January 18. Quoting a source close to the makers, the report said: “Since the makers are keen on a solo release, they have decided to advance the release by a week.”
In fact, not two but three films were expected to hit the screens around that time. Apart from the two films mentioned above, Emraan Hashmi’s Cheat India has also been scheduled for a release on Republic Day.
Quoting trade expert Amod Mehra, the report adds that the decision is a wise one and will work in Hrithik’s favour. He explained how Hrithik’s Kaabil would have done better if it hadn’t clashed with Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees. And since Super 30 is a biopic it would take some time to penetrate the single screen markets.
That’s not all. The Republic Day weekend is likely to get even more crowded if the makers of the Bal Thackeray biopic too choose that weekend to release their film as the Maratha supremo’s birth anniversary falls on January 23.
For the uninitiated, Kangana Ranaut’s Manikarnika is a period drama based on the early life of the warrior queen of Jhansi, Rani Laxmi Bai, who died fighting the British. Super 30, meanwhile, is a biopic on a maths wizard from Bihar, who mentored students from the weaker sections of society to break into the elite IITs in India. Given their past, a Kangana-Hrithik clash at the box office was almost certain, till better sense prevailed.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.