Mahira Khan leaves a piece of her heart at Cannes. Here’s her heartfelt letter
Mahira Khan made history this year as she became the first Pakistani woman to walk the red carpet at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival. The actor spread magic all over the sunny French Riviera in gorgeous dresses and with a big smile on her face.
All of Mahira’s many looks as the representative of L’Oreal were widely appreciated. To thank her fans for support and to talk about the camaraderie between other female celebrities at the festival, Mahira wrote a long letter on Instagram. She posted a beautiful black and white picture from one of her outings at Cannes and said her fans made it all possible.
She also said the women ‘lifted each other up’ and gave her the confidence that she too can do it. Read her full letter here:
Oh Cannes you have a piece of my heart! Thank you for taking us in with open arms, you were warm and generous. I wish I could pen down my entire experience but that’ll be a long love letter for another time. However there are a few things I want to relay to all of you.
As I sat in the car on my way to the airport I realised that I felt more empowered than ever before. And the reason was because of the amazing women that I met over the last three days. All these talented women had one thing in common - they lifted each other up. They were supportive and kind. They had each other’s backs. And that is the only (if any) key to success.
It is empowering to sit with women and speak about the lines under your eyes or how fast your children are growing up. It’s a relief when it is your first time on the red carpet with hundreds of people photographing you, to get a ‘you’ve got this’ from the girl whose done this like a dream so many times. It was even more amazing to get all these lovely msgs from my industry back home. And the best family and friends one could ask for. Aah and my fan family, how I love thee!
We are nothing alone, and that is something life keeps teaching me time and again.
My @seherhafeez I love you. @amarfaiz for giving it your all. @shakeelbinafzal for keeping up with the insanity and @manekaharisinghani for being there always
Loreal Pakistan, we did it! Thank you loreal Paris for having us.. can’t wait to see you again! À bientôt,
Love love love
#lorealparis #lorealcannes #lorealpkatcannes #cannes2018
Ramzan Mubarak to all by @happymonday
Mahira also met actor Sonam Kapoor at the film festival and clicked a lovely picture with the new bride. They had a little chat on Twitter before they headed to Cannes about how excited they were to meet each other there.
In an interview to Mail Today, Mahira also revealed how she met Aishwarya at the festival and got a warm hug from her. “Aishwarya came and hugged me. She gave me a long hug and I told her that it’s the warmest hug anyone has given me really in a long time. So that was really sweet of her. Then we talked about our kids,” she said.
Check out Mahira’s gorgeous looks from her Cannes debut:
Mahira became popular with her hit TV show with Fawad Khan, Humsafar. She made her debut in 2017 with Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees. The film did not release in Pakistan and Mahira was not allowed to promote the film in India as the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena gave an ultimatum to Pakistani artistes to leave the country in the wake of Uri attacks.
Mahira is currently filming for Saat Din Mohabbat In and Maula Jatt 2.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.