Nawazuddin defends director who wanted Chitrangada to ‘lie on top of him’
Nawazuddin Siddiqui finally broke his silence over Chitrangada Singh’s accusation against their Babumoshai Bandookbaaz director Kushan Nandy, saying there was nothing which was unacceptable about the shot.
The actor was quoted as saying, “We did a normal scene. There was nothing unacceptable about what we shot. The incident being described did not happen. Kushan is a decent soft-spoken person. He’s a gentleman, incapable of crass behaviour.”
Adding to this, Kushan said, “Those who know me will know I never use filthy words like she has accused me of using. I don’t know people who use language like that. This is character assassination.”
For the uninitiated, Chitrangada walked out of the movie set claiming the director persuaded her to do an unbecoming love-making scene with Nawaz, urging her on with language that was objectionable.
Chitrangada added that Kushan’s crass behaviour made her feel even more awkward as she was wearing only a petticoat.
Read the full interview: Kushan wanted me to lie on top of Nawaz in a petticoat, says Chitrangda Singh
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.