Neena Gupta reveals her friends wanted to marry her to give her child a name: ‘I said I can earn and look after my daughter’
Neena Gupta, who is a single mother to designer Masaba Gupta, has said she realised much later that she was never a single mother as her father came on board to join her in rasing her daughter. The actor claims that it was her love for her child that kept her going despite facing several hardships in life.
Talking about how things changed when her father came to support her in raising Masaba, she told Pinkvilla in an interview, “I was never a single mother. I was a single mother for maybe two years, Then my dad came. He left everything and stayed with me. He looked after my household, me, my daughter. He was my man. He was the man in my life. God always compensates. I didn’t have a husband so he game my dad. My mom had died long time ago. And also I had no man in my life who was living with me so it was easy for him to live with me.”
She also revealed how she wished sometimes of having a normal family. “I had to lose a lot of things while we were together, I had no time to go to a parlour, watch a movie or do womanly things,” she said.
Talking about bringing up a child out of wedlock, Neena said, “The difficult part is not making a choice of having Masaba. The difficult part is to accept what you have chosen and stand by it.” “A lot of people told me at that time - we will marry you so that your child gets a name. I said “what the f***. What name? I can earn and look after my daughter,” she said.
Neena had shared a video message on Tuesday in which she advised her female fans to never fall in love with a married man. After talking about how women fall for married man but are forced to leave when they refuse to divorce their wives, she said, “Do not get involved in all this, do not fall in love with a married man. I have done this before, I have suffered. That’s why I am telling my friends, you all, try not to do it.”
Neena was recently seen in Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan as the mother of a gay man. The film also starred her Badhaai Ho co-stars Ayushmann Khurrana and Gajraj Rao. She also saw the release of her short film Pinni, which is among seven short films in Zindagi inShort, a Flipkart Video original.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.