No kissing please say the makers of Fukrey
A kiss can definitely strengthen onscreen romance, but sometimes it can also take the focus away from the premise of the film. And that’s exactly what made the makers of Fukrey, Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani decide that they would edit out a kiss shared by actors Pulkit Samrat and Priya Anand from the movie.
A source close to the production reveals, “The makers wanted to remain true to the genre of the film. The kiss between Pulkit and Priya had been shot, and was extremely steamy and erotic. In fact, it had shaped up so well that there was a massive debate about keeping it in the final edit.”
However, the source adds, that when Farhan and Ritesh saw the film, they didn’t want the fukraness of the film to get diluted and the attention to shift away from the basic plot.” As the story revolves around four guys who are struggling to get into college and have girlfriends, the makers decided to stick to simplicity.
On being contacted, the official spokesperson of the film says, “Creatively, everyone felt that the kiss wasn’t required in the flow of the script. The story of the four boys has really turned out well.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.