Priyanka Chopra honoured with an award
Actor Priyanka Chopra, who has won many awards for her roles in Bollywood films, will be the recipient of the 2011 Trailblazer award at this year’s New York City’s South Asians in Media, Marketing and Entertainment Association (SAMMA), North America Conference.
“With Priyanka’s push in the US as a musician and singer, she is pushing into exciting new creative territories and taking creative risks which is essential to being a great artist. SAMMA is honoured to award Priyanka Chopra our 2011 Trailblazer Award, blazing a new path for Indians in entertainment,” says Rajan Shah, co-founder of SAMMA.
“Through her hard work, sincerity and her personal ambition to push herself as an artist, Priyanka is the perfect role model for South Asians in entertainment, not just in the US but around the globe,” adds Shah.
Previous recipients of this prestigious award include filmmaker Rohan Sippy and CNN correspondent Sanjay Gupta. The conference which will be held in New York’s Time Warner Center, will take place on September 16 and 17 this year.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.