Rajkummar Rao and Nushrratt Bharuccha recreate Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol’s DDLJ moment in mustard field. Watch
Nushrratt Bharuccha shared a fun video with her Chhalaang co-star Rajkummar Rao, in which they were seen recreating Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol’s iconic scene from Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. She captioned her Instagram post with a slightly tweaked dialogue from the film: “Bade bade deshon mein aise pyaare pyaare videos bante rehte hai @rajkummar_rao.”
In the video, Nushrratt is seen running into Rajkummar’s arms as he stands in a mustard field, and they address each other as ‘Raj’ and ‘Simran’. The two then sing Tujhe Dekha Toh Yeh Jaana Sanam and recreate the song for the camera.
Last week, the two actors saw the release of Hansal Mehta’s Chhalaang on Amazon Prime Video. While Rajkummar played a PT teacher disinterested in his job, Nushrratt was seen as the school’s new computer teacher who catches his fancy.
Chhalaang opened to positive reviews from critics. A Hindustan Times review of the film called it a ‘consistently engaging picture, elevated by a handful of excellent performances, and a sharp script’.
Nushrratt told Hindustan Times in an interview that she struggled with the Haryanvi dialect on the first day of the Chhalaang shoot. “It was the first day of shoot and the first time I was speaking in Haryanvi. They gave me a long dialogue in Haryanvi and I had to say it fast. All senior actors were there in front of me -- from Rajkummar, Saurabh Shukla, Satish Kaushik and others and I just kept fumbling and messing up,” she said.
Hansal lost his cool and reprimanded her for not getting ‘such a simple’ scene right, Nushrratt revealed. However, it turned out to be a prank planned by the rest of the cast members. “Later on, they all started laughing as they had planned Hansal ji to scream at me so that I got nervous and spoiled the scene. Then we all chilled together and I did the scene properly,” she said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.