Saand Ki Aankh new pic: Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar watch as a new day dawns
The shoot of the Taapsee Pannu, Bhumi Pednekar starrer Saand Ki Aankh has been on in Uttar Pradesh’s Baghpat region for a while now and the film’s lead cast has been sharing pictures from the sets. What looks like a coordinated move, the two actors shared a fresh picture of themselves in the midst of village life.
Sharing the picture, Taapsee wrote: “Ujli subah teri khatir aayegi (For your sake, a bright day will dawn)”. The shot shows the two actors, with their back to the camera, looking at the rising sun. The radiant rays of the sun filter in through their dupatta (veil).
For more than a month now, Taapsee and Bhumi have been sharing pictures; in one of the first pictures, they were seen making a heart symbol with their hands, even as they wield pistols in their other hand. In another, they can be seen riding a tractor, in yet another, making cow dung cakes. In another picture, they can be seen swinging from the hanging Banyan tree roots and in another photo, one riding a cycle while the other is seated as its pillion rider. On the occasion of Holi too, they shared a picture of themselves, sitting on low stools. Interestingly, in none of the pictures, do we actually get to see their faces as they are always covered with a ghunghat (veil). It also reflects the north Indian milieu in which the film is set.
Saand Ki Aankh is the story of world’s oldest sharpshooters — Chandro Tomar and her sister-in-law Prakashi Tomar from Uttar Pradesh, popularly known as ‘shooter dadi’. The film is being directed by Tushar Hiranandani and is an Anurag Kashyap production.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.