Shreyas Talpade: Forget controversy, I am not part of any camp or gang, and I have lost out on certain things
For actor Shreyas Talpade, social media acts like a perfect tool enabling him interact with his fans. However, he does make a conscious effort to keep his private life away from it, more so with the kind of negativity these platforms have been attracting in the recent times.
“Our fans expect to see a little bit of glimpse of our private life as well, and that is the reason, we tend to put up certain pictures of our family at times. I personally try and avoid it as much as possible,” confesses the actor.
Though there are specific occasions when he feels comfortable putting up a personal picture of his family.
“That’s when I out up pictures of my daughter,otherwise, I try to keep my private life as private as possible. I give a glimpse only to certain fans and well wishers, who really want to see, but what happens is unfortunately, not everyone sees it with the same eyes. That’s the con associated with social media,” says the 44-year-old.
Citing “negativity” and “toxicity” as the reasons, the actor feels the amount of these two going around is of another level.
“But honestly, the school of thought where I come from, acting and drama, we’ve been taught to just focus on work, and that’s exactly what I’ve been trying to do for the past 15 years in the film industry. I don’t really involve myself in anything else, and forget controversy, I’m not part of any other camp or gang,” says Talpade, who shot to fame with Iqbal in 2005 and has been a part of commercial potboilers, too including Golmaal franchise.
Not denying that the two exist in the film industry, Talpade says he just believes in doing his work.
“I go out there, do my work and give my best shot, and come back home. Yes, I’ve missed out on certain things, but I’m glad certain things have missed out on me too. I’ okay, I’m not there too much on social media, I just do a bit of interaction with my fans,” he concludes.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.