Suchitra Krishnamoorthi asks why Mahesh Bhatt was ‘so adamant Rhea leave Sushant Singh Rajput’ on June 8
Many voices have been heard about the Sushant Singh Rajput death case. Actor and singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi too has expressed her views in the past. In a recent tweet, she questioned why filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt hadn’t been questioned by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Taking to Twitter, she wrote: “Has #MaheshBhatt been called in by #CBI for questioning? Why was he so adamant #Rhea leave #SSR when she did on 8th June?”
Some of her fans shared their views on the matter; one said: “Even if he did suggest her to leave him, even if he did, that’s not abetment. That’s an advice. We are all saddened by SSR’s demise, and we all know the fact that he was undergoing severe depressive episodes. The justice for SSR for me is to know what happened between 9th-14th.” Another said: “Good point. CBI has to get to the bottom of it.”
After watching Kangana Ranaut’s interview to Republic TV, she tweeted that CBI needs to take a look at the death of actor Jiah Khan as well. She wrote: “I do hope #CBI retakes cognizanse into #jiahkhan case too in lieu of development of #SSR murder . So many connecting dots... Watching @KanganaTeam @KanganaOffical interview right now gave me strange goosebumps. Phew!”
Suchitra also countered filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri’s views on mental health in a sharp tweet. She wrote: “Height of ignorance @vivekagnihotri. You probably think #Coronavirus is a hoax too. Shame.” Vivek had earlier tweeted: “Bipolar disorder, multiple personality disorder, depression etc are all fancy words given by psychiatrists who don’t wish to work on emotional health of the patient and earn money only through drug prescription! Simple! We all have all of the above on a normal basis.”
Sushant died on June 14 at his home in Mumbai. After a Supreme Court verdict, CBI has been investigating the matter. In a separate case, Enforcement Directorate has also been looking into the financial irregularities angle, if any. After a drugs angle emerged recently, Narcotics Control Bureau is also probing the matter.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.